Low Voltage and EMC
The LCOE has wide recognition and accredited experience in carrying out tests related to electrical safety and the protection of the user and his environment against risks arising from the use of electrical equipment.
The broad scope of accreditation of the laboratory, both nationally (ENAC) and internationally (IECEE, CB, CCA, ENEC) allows LCOE to offer testing services with the maximum technical guarantees, access to markets and compliance with the legal requirements.
The LCOE is a Notified Body according to Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/CE to carry out analysis in case of controversy, according to articles 8 and 9.
SAFETY IN THE LIGHTING AREA
- Safety in luminaires (EN 60598)
- Luminaires for discharge and LED lamps.
- Portable and recessed luminaires.
- Domestic luminaires.
- Outdoor luminaires, public lighting and floodlights.
- Emergency lighting luminaires.
- Luminaires for children.
- Safety in lamp control gear devices (EN 61347)
- Starters and electronic ballasts.
- Electronic step-down converters.
- Ballasts for fluorescent and discharge lamps.
- LED control gear
- Safety of Electrical supply track systems for luminaires (EN 60570)
- IP and IK degrees of protection tests (EN 60529 and EN 62262)
SAFETY IN HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES FOR DOMESTIC OR COMMERCIAL USE (EN 60335)
- Air conditioning and heat pumps
- Heating appliances
- Electric water heaters
- Cooking appliances and ovens
- Small household appliances
- Washing machines, dishwashers and dryers
- Microwave ovens
- Vending machines
- Whirlpool baths, SPA and showers
- Electrical equipment of gas boilers and heaters
- Garage door opening systems
- Gas alarms
- Home automation
- Catering equipment
SAFETY IN AUTOMATIC ELECTRICAL CONTROLS (EN 60730)
- Automatic electrical controls for household appliances.
- Time switches for charging and load control.
- Energy Regulators.
- Solenoid valves.
- Pressure switches.
- Time switches.
- Gas burner controls.
OTHER SAFETY TESTS
- Safety of Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment (EN 62368; EN 60065 and EN 60950).
- Connection devices for LV circuits (EN 60998).
- Capacitors (EN 61048, EN 61049 and EN 60252).
- Tests related to fire hazard (EN 60695-X).
- Transformers and power supply units (EN 61558), etc.
- Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use (EN 61010).
- Machinery – Electrical equipment of machines (EN 60204).
- Evaluation of software with security features
The LCOE has extensive experience in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) tests and has ENAC and IECEE-CB accreditation according to the UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard, for both emission and immunity tests.
Electromagnetic Compatibility Tests
Types of devices and equipment we test
- Equipment for signal transmission through the electrical network (EN 50065-1)
- Household appliances, tools and the like (EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2)
- Lighting equipment for general use (EN 55015 and EN 61547)
- Information technology and office (IT) equipment (EN 55022, EN 55024)
- Industrial, scientific and medical equipment (EN 55011)
- Railway applications (EN 50121-4, EN 50121-3-2 and EN 50155)
- Electromedical equipment and laboratory equipment (EN 60601-1-2 and EN 61326)
- Lifts, escalators and moving walks (EN 12016, EN 12015)
- Emission and Immunity of generic equipment in residential, commercial and industrial environment (EN 61000-6-1. EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-4)
- Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) (EN 62040-2)
- Automatic electrical control devices for domestic uses (EN 60730-1)
- Electronic switches for domestic use (EN 60669-2-1)
- Gas detectors and alarm systems (EN 50270 and EN 50130-4)
- Road signalling equipment-Traffic lights (EN 50293)
Types of measurements we do
- Harmonic emission and voltage fluctuation-flicker tests (EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-11, EN 61000-3-3 and EN 61000-3-12)
- Immunity to electrostatic discharges (EN 61000-4-2)
- Immunity to radiated electromagnetic fields (EN 61000-4-3)
- Immunity to electrical fast transients/bursts (EN 61000-4-4)
- Immunity to surges (EN 61000-4-5)
- Immunity to conducted disturbances, induced by radiofrequency fields (EN 61000-4-6)
- Immunity to power frequency magnetic fields (EN 61000-4-8)
- Immunity to voltage dips, short interruptions and voltage variations (EN 61000-4-11)
- Damped sine wave immunity (EN 61000-4-12)
- Immunity to harmonics and interharmonics (EN 61000-4-13)
- Directive 2004/104/CE and R10 for motor vehicles and their components
There is a global demand for more efficient products to reduce the consumption of energy and other natural resources, in line with improving overall sustainability.
The LCOE has extensive experience in energy efficiency testing for different types of products. These tests allow us to meet energy labeling and eco-design requirements in Europe and in other areas of the world.
We test the energy efficiency of the following product groups:
- Home appliances
- Light sources and associated equipment
- External power supplies
- Electrical and electronic equipment for home and office use
- Televisions, etc.
The photometry laboratory offers a service to manufacturers of lighting fixtures and sources to determine the light emission characteristics and thus provide fundamental criteria for lighting projects, which are increasingly in demand by engineering in construction and renovation projects for buildings intended for homes, offices, schools, industries, sports facilities, etc.
The laboratory is equipped with two goniophotometers, which together with the most advanced software, makes it possible to offer complete photometric information, with great precision and for a wide range of luminaires, from projectors to small emergency lighting luminaires.
The main photometric data obtained is the following:
- Intensity matrix.
- Polar diagrams (in 2D or 3D).
- Measurement of luminous flux of lamps.
- Luminous output rate (LOR) of luminaires.
- Color quantities.
- Zonal flows.
- Utilization factors, according to UTE Standards, LiTG, CIBSE, etc.
- Isolux diagrams (in 2D or 3D) .
- Diagrams of glare, of zonal flows, etc.
- EULUMDAT, IES, CIE files, etc.